All Products Ship From The USA


Ask a Technical Question:

Please note: We will answer all questions with regards to technical specifications of our units, pricing, wholesale inquiries, and shipping related questions immediately.

You can use the form below to send us a Technical Question.

Ask An Expert

User Richard Asked:

Hi I want to use your 12V 10A power supply to power a car radio I have in my garage. Is this supply designed to be plugged into a 110V wall receptacle 100 percent of the time, even when the radio is turned off and drawing no power? Also what is the power supply current draw when it is plugged in but not supplying any power? Thanks Richard

Our Technician Answers:

Hi.. The 12V 10A Power Supply is Ideal for powering a car radio at home. Please make sure that the total watt usage of the car stereo is not more than 120W, which is the maximum load possible for this power supply. If the radio is turned off the power usage is almost zero. The power supply only turns on when there is a load on it... So you don't have to worry about the power supply passively using power.

User Ramon Asked:

I have a Relaxzen massage/heat chair, looking for replacement power adapter, any suggestions as to th right one?

Our Technician Answers:

Hi Ramon. I can't do all your research for you in relation to finding the power supply, but I can give you some hints.. The easiest way is to find the old or broken adapter for the device you want to power and look at it for the details. It will have the voltage as well as the amperage printed on it. So if it says 12V, you will need to use a 12 Volt power supply. The voltage has to be an exact match. The amperage will be shown either as A for Amps, or W for Watts. For this, you need to find a power supply that can supply the same, OR MORE, than what the current power supply indicates. So if the old power supply says 2A, you can use a 3A or a 4A, or even higher. If there is no amperage indicated on the old unit, there should be a wattage shown as "W". To get Amperage from Wattage, all you have to do is divide watts by volts. In this case you would divide by 12, So if the 12V power supply is 60 watts, that would be 60 W divided by 12V, which is 5A... So you would need a 5A or higher power supply. The other thing to check on the old power supply is the type of connector. All our power supplies have a standard DC connector. It is a barrel connector with an outside barrel of 5.5mm, and and inside barrel of about 2.5mm. If the old power supply has a non standard connector, square, or multiple pin, then you will need to order the universal power supply we carry, which has a set on interchangeable connectors so you can find one that matches your device. I hope this helps.

User Dave Somogyi Asked:

I just purchased a home siren (DSC SD30W). It claims to need 6-12v DC 1100ma, and it is also referred to as a 30 Watt siren. I can find 12v DC 2amp or greater, but many say max watt output is 24, or don't say at all. What adapter will work for this thing? Thanks

Our Technician Answers:

Hi Dave. If you device is 12 Volt, and it uses 30W (watts), it will need a power supply that can handle a load of 30 divided by 12, which is 2.5A. In this case you can use an power supply of 2.5A or higher. I recommend that you use a power adapter of at least 3A to make sure you are not running it at it's maximum capacity. Let me know if you have any other questions.

User jack Asked:

need a power adapter for a Hannah Montana Guitar Clock with neon. do you have a way of finding what works for this ?? thanks.

Our Technician Answers:

Hi Jack. In order to find the correct power supply for your Hannah Montana Guitar Clock you will need to do some research on google. You can search for the word "power supply" plus the name of the product. You will then need to find out the voltage and the amperage of the power supply, as well as the type of connector. The voltage needs to match exactly, and the amperage of the power supply need to be the same, or GREATER than the amperage rating of your device. If your device requires 2 Amps, you can use a 3A, 4A, 5A, or even up to 10A. The connector is usually easy to find, all our power supplies 2A or over use the standard 5.5mm x 2.5mm standard connector. All you need to confirm is that your device uses the standard barrel connector, and not some unusual square or multi-pin connector. GOOD LUCK.

User mike Asked:

please help I am looking for 2 power units (supply's) for 2 mobile time-lapse vcr recorders (Model name mvcr960) on the back were the plug go it says 12v dc in and sticker on back says DC12V, 2A, 12W They have a sq. 4 pin connecter on vcr units which I have for both, Got them out of a broken computer power boxes. I have tried some 12V DC 1Amps ?watts power supply's that have 2 wire that I use for my cameras but they did not work tried making the 2 wires into 4 and still nothing. Don't know if maybe they needed the full 12 watt and to be wired right. Any help would be great. Thanks for any help You can give. Mike

Our Technician Answers:

Hi Mike. I am not sure what the wiring diagram would be for your DVR units. I know there is a standard 4 pin unit connector that comes with our 5A 4 Pin power supply. Since the 5A unit can power any amp rating UP TO 5A, it will work as far as the load in concerned for your DVR. As far as the connector, I would say it is worth a try... It will most likely be the standard 4 PIN connector, so it should work.